So after seeing some close friends make blogs about their personal lives and pasts, I decided that it was time that I caught up. Of course, not everyone is going to be purely or completely interested in what events and stupid decisions I have made or plan on making, but for those of you that are actually taking the time to be interested in what goes on in my life: I thank you, in more ways than I can explain. With that said, I'm going to try to make this as entertaining as I possibly can! I don't know every little dotted detail and memory that has happened in my life, in all honesty. But I promise that I will try my best to be detailed within every post/chapter. Well... let's get started.
"Countless bad decisions and proud moments that I remember as if they took place yesterday."
My name is Ernell Dantess Garrickson Earl Pearson, or for short: Ernie Pearson. Don't ask me how the hell my name got the way it was because honestly, I don't even know the answer myself. I have a mom whom I currently live with, and a father who I have not seen since I was a very young age. Because of the combination of my mom and dad's genes, I'm Filipino, Hawaiian, Native American, Scottish, Maori, Spanish, and a few other ingredients that I'm not exactly sure about.
I was conceived in Saudi Arabia in 1989 right before my parents moved back to the islands of Hawaii, where I was born on June 9th, 1990. My mother was a nurse on a naval ship in Kaneohe Bay, HI while my dad was actually enrolled into the United States Navy as an officer in his 14th year on duty when I was born. After four years of living in Hawaii after I was born, we spent almost two years traveling to places like Tonga, New Zealand, Australia, Japan, Guam, etc. and then soon after, we ended up back in Hawaii. After some final decisions made by my parents, we moved to my current home in Portland, Oregon the fall of 1996.
My birthplace and original home: Honolulu, HI
I have a small handful of blurry memories from growing up back then, like me riding a tricycle on my back patio, the big blue elephant doll that I carried around everywhere, and this goofy looking jump suit my mom had me wearing when I played outside. I also vaguely remember the first time I fell on a flight of stairs, and the first time I kissed a girl on the cheek. There were so many boat and airplane trips that we had, but sadly, I can only remember a small chunk of these travels.
Soon after we moved to Portland, mom and dad filled out the ol' divorce paperwork and separated. I'll better explain that story in a future chapter, but for now all I can say is that it most definitely didn't work out the way married couples plan. I don't exactly know how many times my mom has tried to re-marry after they got divorced, but I do know that it's not very many. Although it might seem like things should have been awful after they split, life at home really wasn't very bad at all. We tried to make the best of it and my mom has done a fascinating job of raising me.
The infamous Portland, OR sign.
Ever since then, many things have happened to make me the man I am today. I've had numerous memories and friends growing up. Countless bad decisions and proud moments that I remember as if they took place yesterday. All of which, I want to openly share to anyone who reads this, as well as myself. As I noted earlier, I want to use this as a way to present my travels. I want to show the roads and paths I've taken to get to where I am now. I'll be noting and documenting all the important people and events I've had in my life. Down to the very brim and detail that I can possibly put, with as much honesty and realism that I can convey through words. Of course, some things do come up in my currently busy life, but I'm going to try my hardest to update and write a new chapter every night. I send thanks to anyone who really does take the time to read this and learn from my stories and mistakes. Maybe we both can learn a little something from ourselves by reading this.
Until tomorrow, goodnight.


No comments:
Post a Comment